Saturday, June 14, 2008

June on the Western Slope of Colorado!!!

Claire and I spent a lovely lunch at Baldridge Park in 80 degree windless weather, eating lunch with our good friends Mike and Cali, and then something hit me.  There's massive amounts of snow still on the peaks that are less than 40 miles away!!!  It was odd, but awesome.  Here we are in warm weather attire, and less than an hour away, there's still multiple feet of snow.  Its as if God is saying, you enjoy your banquetting table, but don't forget about mine which is all the earth.  See My beauty I could see Him saying.  Ever since we've moved back here to help take care of our two nieces and sister-in-law since the passing of my brother, I've not really gotten the chance to just breathe and look at the mountains that drew us here in the first place.  

They are beautiful snow covered peaks that surround us with a sense in knowing tht God is ever present and ever omnipotent.  No matter what kind o control I want to have over the circumstances of my life, the truth is I have none, and I think God is finally chipping away at my heart enough for me to realize it!!!  All I need do is look at my majestic surroundings to realize how small I am nd to be humbled by the realization that I have no power, and the Almighty is infinite in His!  Here's to holy power and a great lunch!!!


blessings!

travis

No comments: